Monday, February 9, 2009

The kid is nuts...

We have heard it before but I honestly think that Zachary is going to kill himself! The kid has no fear and feels no pain. This morning by 8:45 he had fell off of the couch directly on his head, fell off of the lay-z-boy and hit the end table on his way down and fell off one of the kitchen chairs, after all this he then climbed up onto the kitchen table and crawled across it to get Alex's food (which in turn made Alex dump his milk all over of course). So he got sent to his room for that. After I let him out he ran right into Alex's room and proceeded to try and pull the Super Nintendo from the wall and the TV then came out and climbed right back up on the kitchen chair... For which I promptly got mad at him and that is when he cried the hardest. I was like "are you kidding me???" The child makes me a nervous wreck! We have an entire house full of toys but no... he has to be climbing on something or into something to be happy. Alex went through a phase where he liked to climb up on the couch but after falling off several times and getting in trouble several times he eventually figured it out or got through that phase. I mean sure I have to remind him that we don't run on the couch and we don't stand on the arms but that is to be expected. I am so ready for the snow to melt and to be able to get the kids outside! Of course then there is a whole new world for Zach to get in trouble in and the kid hates to wear shoes so he will have to get over that really quick.

As much as Zach makes me crazy some times the kid loves to help.
This was a week or so ago unfortunately I missed the part where he had both the broom and the dust pan. (I do have to add a disclaimer... I don't normally let him run around in just a diaper but he was such a mess after eating that it was easier to just take his clothes off.) The other day I was making the bed and he was helping me by handing me the pillows and the blankets and after he would hand it too me before I could say "thank you" he would say "tanks!"

2 comments:

Mel said...

Starting them cleaning at an early age is a wonderful thing to do in my book! I didn't make Dave do it enough and he refuses to help, except for sweeping. My girls however are good cleaners when they want to be, and I did start them out as soon as they could walk doing little things like putting toys in the toy box.

Nicholle said...

He reminds me a little of my brother Shawn...poor kid spent so much time in his room. Gideon hated shoes too, then Aunt Cindy gave him sandles for his birthday, that's all he wore for like a year.