For the record I don't know why I haven't taken any pictures lately, maybe it's because we have all been sick or something I don't know. Anyways I am just full of randomness this morning (no I don't care if randomness is a word or not because it fits how I am feeling). I was laying in bed last night with yet another migraine and I had my trusty ice pack. As I was laying there trying to relax enough to be able to go to sleep I got thinking about this dumb ice pack. We have three ice packs that the cloth covering, yet they are three different brands and are three completely different ice packs from the way they freeze and thaw, to their shape. Yet I always go back to this one, it's the first one we bought and the crazy thing is we didn't buy it for my headaches, I bought it years ago when Shawn got a wisdom tooth out. I went to Rite Aid to pick up his prescription (because Wal-Mart wasn't open here yet) and while I was there I figured I would get an ice pack that didn't have to be wrapped in a towel. Little did I realize that this would become one of the few things that would give me relief (if even for a short time) from my headaches. This ice pack is oddly shaped because it was made to be able to wrap around knee's and elbows and the such. The best way I can describe it is that it looks like of like and misshapen plus sign. Years later and we have three ice packs but I always use this one first and foremost. The other two just aren't as comfortable or something, one only has fabric on one side and the fabric is almost too thick and it seems to have picked up smells from the freezer (which if I wasn't using it on my head I probably wouldn't notice) the other one we bought most recently is like a brick that is the best way I can describe it. The thing freezes SOLID as a rock and then by the time it's thawed enough to be "comfortable" it's lost all of it's coolness... Maybe I should go into designing ice packs for people with headaches and migraines!
Other complete randomness for the day is I have found the perfect torture treatment. Just lock someone up with my kids for a couple of hours when they are grumpy! Because we go from happy screams to sad/mad screams in the blink of an eye and they are all high pitched. The sound is pitched just right that it hits a certain nerve in your brain and sends electrical pulses through your body, doubly great when you have a migraine.
I have to go to three different websites for work... everyday... I technically should go to 5. I have at least 6 different passwords and at least 4 different id's that I have to use to log into various things for work. I am getting an email every day telling me how many days I have left to change my password for one of these things but I haven't changed it yet because I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS TO LOG IN AND CHANGE IT!!! (it's one of the ones I should be logging into every day but I don't). The worst part about all this is 3/4 of the passwords have to be changed every 60-90 days. Honestly people... I'm not a machine, I can't remember all these things.
Finally the cat... Izzie (the "3rd cat") is silly, I believe I have said it before but she isn't a cat she is a dog. She prefers to go to the bathroom outside (which is completely fine by me) but she completely cracks me up about how she goes about wanting to go outside. She doesn't meow or scratch at the door, if I am sitting in my chair she comes over and paws at me. Or she comes over and jumps and throws herself into my leg. And the longer it takes for me to respond to her the harder she hits. The reason I bring this up is because she is going crazy this morning! I have gotten up to let her out three times now but it's snowing so she sticks one paw out the door then backs up and comes back in. But because she still needs to go to the bathroom she come back to me every 10 minutes or so and goes through the same routine.
So that is my randomness for the morning!
2 comments:
If ice packs weren't already all over the place I would definately say you should design one...but, since there are so many kinds I don't think you'd get rich off of it...so it's probably not worth the time!
Hey Kim I feel your pain with the passwords. I use word perfect and made a page with a 3 x (as many as you need) grid and in the first box I put the site name, second box is my ID, and third is the password. Then I password protect that page. Now I only have to remember the one password to that page. It has been a life saver around bill pay time. I am not real into microsoft word but I bet you could do the samething with it.
Post a Comment