Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Update

We are still in the land of the living! I am just in this "just make it through each day" mode. I finally got a bunch of Alex's preschool projects scanned in (the basement is just so cold!) so I will post a few of them. As I was scanning them I can't help but think of how proud I am on Alex, he is so smart! He knows all of his letters now (something I was really worried about before he started preschool because he just didn't seem to get them and he had picked up numbers SO quickly). He loves to "read" letters off of everything. Signs, shirts, bottles anything. He is really cute with stop signs, and I know a lot of other kids do this but it's always exciting when it's your child, he says " S-T-O-P, stop!" He is trying to learn "left and right" so we work with him on that when we are driving or in the store, he will say "which way" then we will point and say either left or right or straight depending on which way we are going. He knows exactly how to get to his preschool and which house it is.

Zachary is growing like a weed and is really getting into climbing. This morning he figured out that if he pushes against the tub he can get on the toilet and then into everything on the shelf and counter. He has a Fisher-Price incrediblock "cube" that is probably 18" tall and he climbs up on it all the time. He is so good at climbing I should probably take our gate down and let him climb up and down the stairs but he is to smart for his own good knowing him he will try and "walk" down the stairs. I know we eventually just took it down with Alex and he did fine but I am so scared to do it with Zach and I don't know why. He will eat absolutely anything (including the cat food...) and I hope that he will keep that! Alex is such a picky eater it makes it hard sometimes to feed but it is a battle that I gave up on a long time ago.

So there is an update for you and here are a few of Alex's preschool projects...


2 comments:

Mel said...

Those look like fun projects! It's amazing what some people think up. Wish I had more of those creativity genes. Hang in there.

Nicholle said...

Sounds like they are growing up fast, just like mine.