Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Try Again Mommy...


Last night Alex was coming in the house from outside he fell on the stairs and scraped up his leg pretty bad he cried and I gave him "loves" and he went inside and I pretty much forgot about it. A while later I was sitting on the floor with Zach and Alex was sitting on the couch behind me, this is the conversation that happened next...
"Mommy my leg is scratched"
"I know honey I am sorry, do you want me to kiss it better"
"Yeah..."
(kiss)
"All better?"
"No it's not better yet"
(kiss)
"No try again Mommy..."
This happened several more times and I don't know if it ever was "better" or if he just gave up. I laughed to myself at the "try again Mommy" and then went back to what I was doing. I was laying in bed when I was overwhelmed to think my little boy had so much faith in me that a simple kiss from me would make everything better. I realized that Alex and I learned a hard lesson. Mommy's kisses won't make everything better.

No comments: