Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Binkies...

So for those of you who don't know, Alex was attached to his "binkie". We finally broke him of this habit last summer/fall. So that when the baby came, if he took a binkie, Alex wouldn't be jealous. We only had a two instances early on where Alex showed any interest in Zach's binkies (the one time I caught him putting it in his mouth.) So I had pretty much forgotten any concerns I had about Alex wanting Zach's binkie, he is concerned if Zach spits it out that he has to have it right back but that is about it. (Zach hasn't been as binkie dependent.) Out of the blue a few days ago Alex said that he "needed a binkie too!" I just laughed it off, but he asked again. So to humor him I got out one of the different binkies that we didn't use for Zach and gave it too Alex. He put it right in his mouth and said "thank you mommy" and walked off. About five minutes later he was back and handing me the binkie telling me "All done!". I thought, "OK whatever" It has happened several more times since then and I can't decide if he is doing it out of jealousy or if his molars are bothering him. (He had complained about his teeth hurting). So I figure I will humor him a little longer and see where it goes.

No comments: