Monday, May 12, 2008

Is Daddy home yet?

This question in an of it's self is one that I hear frequently some days more then others, however today something a little bit different happened. I had gone into Alex's room to get some laundry and he was in playing and watching Higglytown Hero's. He looked at me and said "is Daddy home yet?" "No honey, Daddy won't be home for a while" was my response and I thought to myself "boy it's going to be a long day if he is already asking when Shawn will be home at 8:45 in the morning" So expecting the usual sad/frustrated "Ohhh...." that usually follows my answer I heard this instead. "It's getting late" and the concern in his voice was noticeable. It melted my heart. Now I don't know where he got this idea of "getting late" from because it's not a term I use in reference to Shawn coming home from work. The only time we ever use it is when we are telling Alex he needs to go to bed. The only thing I could figure was that it's currently quite dark outside do to the rain but who knows...




No comments: