Friday, April 3, 2009

Addicted...

Hi my name is Kimberlee Anderson and I am a downloadaholic...

A few years ago I decided to switch to digital scrapbooking. My visiting teacher at the time had done an enrichment class on it and had given me a list of sites that had advice and free downloads. I don't know how many of the original sites I still go to. I do however have three sites that I go to every single day, why you ask? Because they have a free daily download! I also get emails from countless sites that I have signed up with and I get free downloads from them.

Well along with blogging came "blog trains" different scrapbook designers get together and design scrapbook products off of a theme that they have picked. An email is sent out or a post is made on a blog and there are links to all the other designers blogs for free downloads! I have seen these trains have up over 100 designers, and I am in download heaven. I mean come on! It's FREE!!! and on top of going to all these different designers websites to get their portion of the train I inevitably find either 1-another train for a different theme or 2-more free downloads! This doesn't include the thousands of websites out there that sell digital supplies, that have "freebies" occasionally posted on their websites. You could spend countless hours hoping from site to site looking for freebies. (Trust me I have done it) Each site has links to other sites...

I have joked with Shawn about this before, but it's like a drug, I have tried to stop but I can't! I can't "get off the train" halfway through! It eats at me knowing there is more free downloads out there and I will always go back because I have to finish it. Yeah sure some of the stuff is ugly and I will probably never use it so it gets deleted but it's so worth it for those amazing designs.
See as much as I wish and would love it, I just don't have the talent of these people. I would love to have that ability (and knowledge) to sit down and create something from nothing. But alas I don't know if that is something that will ever happen so, I download! I am proud to say that of my 54 gigs of scrapbook stuff that probably 98% of it is from free downloads. (I have purchased a couple of kits, design "tools" and training programs.) The sad thing is.. I very rarely actually scrapbook... It's not for lack of wanting to there is just so many other things to do, and I already spend so much time at my computer that it makes the kids crazy.

1 comment:

Mel said...

The internet has definately changed our world! I can sit for hours doing various things online as well! Although I don't do the free scrapbook downloads, I do make my scrapbooks online through Heritage Makers. Very addicting!