Every time we have asked Alex what he wanted to be for Halloween he would just say "NO!" so we figured we would go with the safe bet and have him be Mario since he is completely obsessed. A few weekends ago we went and found some overalls for him and some for Zach so they could be Mario and Luigi. Well today was Alex's preschool Halloween party I started getting him dressed and he had a complete melt down and started screaming "I DON'T WANT TO HALLOWEEN!" So with his ride on the way I finally got him to tell me that he did want to go to preschool and just wanted to wear his red shirt. So I sent him off, sans costume, red eyed from crying and told his ride to tell the teacher I was sorry but he said he wanted to go. Well he came home and was just fine and apparently had done well in school, and he told me he "LOVED trick or treating" So now I am left with the dilemma of what to do on Halloween, do I take him to the ward party and trick or treating sans costume, or do I just bag the whole thing and treat it like a normal night? Because he doesn't eat candy anyway?
On another note, Alex asked me for a drink of milk a little while ago, and I had set the milk on the counter while I was putting the lid on his cup and he looked at the milk and said "What is this milk???" and after the morning we had I thought "oh great we are in for it" I told him it was just milk from a different store so it had a different label. Thankfully he accepted that answer and drank his milk. He has a tendency to buck anything that is out of the "norm" he doesn't like it if I switch brands on anything the kid definitely has is quarks that is for sure!
2 comments:
Huh, did he like dressing up last year? My boys were thinking of being Mario and Luigi at one point also. I can't believe he doesn't eat candy, that's not because you don't allow it right? I have chocolate monsters.
He wasn't really thrilled last year either. No he just doesn't like candy. The only thing he eats is M&M's or straight chocolate
Post a Comment