Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Slowly going crazy
So this morning I had another one of those "I know why I am going crazy" moments. The other day I had bought some new cups for Alex just those cheap "take and toss" ones, to replace some of the ones that he had worn the lids out on. So this morning I made him some breakfast and had given him some "chocolate" milk (Carnation Instant Breakfast) in one of the new cups. I set it down in front of him and he came completely unglued. (Which shouldn't surprise me really Alex is completely obsessive when it comes to food.) So trying not to get mad I said "What is the matter?" and he picks up the cup and hands it to me and says "NOT PURPLE MILK!" Those of you who have had any interaction with Alex and food, know that when he sets his mind to something it's hard to change it. So counting to 10 in my head I said "It's not purple milk..." and thinking to myself "where did he get purple milk from..." I then said "It's chocolate milk" of course by this point Alex has built up a pretty good "freak out" so I sighed and took the lid off the cup and showed him: "See chocolate". He then says "Oh" and takes it from me and starts drinking. Honestly I don't know how I am going to have any shred of sanity left...
Here is another one of those jealous moments from Alex. He was insistent on sitting in Zach's stroller.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I so can sympathize. I swear Harmony has been screaming for the past two days about something or other. Quint had a fun trip to the store the other day when both boys had a meltdown.
Post a Comment