Yesterday morning Alex told me he wanted a juice pop* for breakfast. (*He calls Otter Pop's-juice pops because that's what they called the popsicles on one of the cartoon's he was watching one day and it has stuck with him ever since. He is so easily swayed by TV...but that is another blog!) Anyways I had forgotten to put more in the freezer the day before so I told him to eat his breakfast and I would go put some in the fridge so he could have some later. I ran downstairs to get some out of the box and before I even stepped into the basement I could see that something was wrong. The old carpet we had thrown down on the floor in Alex's "Playroom" looked wrong. My first thought was the cat's had peed on the carpet or something (which they never do so I don't know why I thought that.) So I carefully stepped around it and looked into the room further to realize that half of the room was soaked with water. I immediately called Shawn who was almost to work and he came home. We discovered that one of our sprinklers had broken! So we spent the day yesterday cleaning up and throwing away carpet. Thankfully it happened where it did because it was all Alex's toys that could be washed off and the only thing we lost was the old carpet!
Looking back at the situation I realized that I was prompted to go downstairs. I was in the middle of feeding Zach his breakfast and normally I would have just gone down later or would have forgotten until Alex asked for another juice pop. I don't know if I had gone down later if the carpet would have looked as wet or when the next time I would have gone into that room would have been.
1 comment:
you said oh no
Post a Comment