Friday, April 25, 2008

All it takes is a good book

I am obsessed, I will be the first to admit it. I started reading (sorry listening to) the Twilight Series (by Stephenie Meyer) a few weeks ago, and I am willing to say they are the best books I have read/listened too in a long time. Maybe it's the romantic in me, maybe it's the teenage girl in me that refuses to grow up but I got sucked in hook line and sinker. (I realize that I am a little late joining the party, the first book came out in 2006.)

For those of you who don't know I always listen to Audio Books while I work, it's the only way I can work. I have been trying to work some more hours to get some extra money. So I was sitting here last night and Shawn said, "All it takes for you to work extra hours is a good book." I just laughed because I knew it was true. But I thought about it more as the night went on, it's not just work. I will do things around the house that I can do while listening to my MP3 player. My ironing is caught up and I have found myself doing dishes several times a day. (Anyone who knows me well knows that these are two things that I despise. ) I have even listened to it while fixing dinner and as embarrassed as I am to admit this, I have listened to it while playing the video game Mario Kart for Alex (I have played it so much for him, I could probably do it in my sleep.)

Another thing I am a bit embarrassed to admit is, I have started the series over... that's right I finished it on Wednesday and started it over yesterday. I have to go back through to catch the things I have missed the first time around! I have also discovered that they are making Twilight the movie that will be coming out on December 12, 2008 and Edward Cullen will be played by Robert Pattinson who was Cedric Diggery in Harry Potter: Goblit of Fire. I have mixed emotions about a movie being made because I am a true believer in the book is always better then the movie and I have to admit too, I have Edward pictured MUCH MUCH differently. But Robert Pattinson was great as Cedric, so I am suffering (ha ha ha) through the series again to also try and picture Robert as Edward...

So for those of you who have not read the series either may I strongly recommend it. (Which I don't tend to recommend books to people very often do to the vast range of authors I read/listen to.) For more information go to http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/twilightseries.html. (FYI while digging around on the Internet I found out that Stephenie Meyer is LDS and graduated from BYU).

No comments: