Just a few funny things that Alex has done...
He has been watching shows about recycling on Disney and Noggin and he brought his sippy cup over to me and said "this is made out of glass?" and I said "no it's made out of plastic" so he said "Oh so it goes in the plastic cycle bin!, where is our plastic cycle bin Mom???" How do you explain to a 4 year old that we don't have a plastic recycle bin?
Earlier today Alex asked me for some peanut butter, so I asked him if he wanted a peanut butter sandwich and he said "no just peanut butter" so I gave him a spoonful of peanut butter and he loved it. He came back and asked me for another spoonful and "4 squares of bread" so I asked him again if he wanted me to make a sandwich and he told me no, he would do it. So I look over and he is trying to spread peanut butter with a spoon onto a 1/4 piece of bread and then was eating it. He has really been into pretend cooking lately so pretty soon he brought me over a piece and told me to try his sandwich that he made. So of course I had to eat a piece.
The other day Alex and I were sitting on the couch and I was eating a sandwich (the kids had already eaten) and he asked me a question so I answered him and he said "Mom, don't talk with your mouth full!" I didn't even realize I had answered him with food in my mouth. I guess it's a sign that he his listening to us and things are starting to sink in.
Zach is grown by leaps and bounds, he says more and more every day and it just amazes me to hear him try and string a sentence together.
We were reading books one night on the couch and he and Alex were taking turns getting books from their rooms for me to read so the next night Alex wasn't feeling well so I had put him to bed early but Zach was still up and so he brought me a book so we read it and then he hopped up and said "Book?" and I said "yes you can go get another book" so he ran to the door way to the hall then stopped and said "book?" and I again told him yes then he got to railing for the stairs and turned and stopped and once again said "book?" and I laughed and said "yes you can get another book" I don't know what he thought would change in each of those three steps but he was convinced that I was going to tell him he couldn't read another book.
He loves to say "Mire!" which means come here so he will say "Mire Pees" (for please) and if you don't follow him he starts saying "Mire!" repeatedly and louder and louder until you finally follow him.
1 comment:
LOL I miss you guys!
Post a Comment