Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Yea!


OK so Alex did like his first 3 days of preschool and I had tried to think why he didn't like it. So yesterday I sent him off with trepidations. I had really talked up preschool and tried to get him really excited about going but I wasn't sure if he would buy into it. So Shawn and I went to pick him up and I was so nervous about talking to his teach for fear of another report of him asking when it was time to go home and not wanting to participate. She said that he did much better and that he only cried 3 times (ugh.. 3 times is a good thing???) and that he didn't lay down on the floor and cry at all. (Well that's a relief!) She said he wrote his name in his book for the first time and she had all the other kids cheer for him. She said he still didn't want to paint and do the craft project (which was a butterfly because this week is B). But he likes to watch. I can't figure out the painting thing, he loves to paint at home! Then she asked me if I knew that he could count to 20 and I said "yeah" and she said "he knows them all by sight too" and I said "yeah". Then she told me that he was the only one in his class that could do that including the 4 year olds! So YEA ALEX! We told her that he has know his numbers for a long time. I should have told her he knows most of the x10's (i.e. 20, 30, 40 etc) and that he knows 100! He loves numbers! So over all it was a successful day and I think he might make it after all! He loves to learn so I think once he gets adjusted to the structure and schedule he will be fine.


1 comment:

Nicholle said...

Oh that's too bad he's having a rough time. Hopefully it will get better. Cool that he knows his numbers so well.