Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Lather Rinse Repeat

Do you ever feel like you are stuck in "repeat mode?" I am totally feeling like that this morning! No wonder I can't remember what day of the week it is, because every day is the same as the day before. It's almost getting predictable, no it is predictable! Right down to what the boys will fight about and when. Even the cats are stuck in repeat mode, I seem to let them out at the same time every morning and I know that within five minutes that Chloee will want to come back in, then the other two will come back in when the kids start lining up for the bus. I could go on with that but it is really rather tedious. I feel like a doorman for the cats! But I digress... I guess we have a "routine" but it just seems more like deja vu. The same shows on TV, the same breakfast the same rush to get everyone diapered and dressed so that I can finally sit down to get some work done. Time just marches quickly along and I trudge along in our "routine". To quote my mother "there just isn't enough hours in the day!" You would think with the same things happening day in and day out I could figure out a way to have more time! I complain about the monotony but honestly when something happens to change my routine it completely throws me off. Oh well I will just continue to lather rinse and repeat!

On a side note here is Alex's "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" coconut tree. (For those of you who don't know what Chicka Chicka Boom Boom is it's a book about all the letters of the alphabet climbing up a coconut tree. We don't have this book but one of Alex's friends does, so it took me a minute to realize why there were letters on the tree...)




1 comment:

Nicholle said...

Life does get monotonous at times. I also like the routine but then at times you're like "ahh". Of course my whole routine is going to be totally wrecked in about 3 months.