Friday, August 29, 2008

Upset...

So for the most part I try and keep my blogs more about the kids and less about me but I must admit I am having a rough morning. It may be partly attributed to the lack of sleep last night and being up since 5, but I have read several things on the Internet this morning that have just really "bummed me out" for the lack of a better phrase. First and foremost as a HUGE Twilight fan I tend to check Stephenie Meyers website out on a regular basis and I am feeling let down by both her and the other fans. (http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/ if you are interested at all). I was already let down by Breaking Dawn and was really looking forward to Midnight Sun as a pick me up and now I am disappointed once again. I hate to say it but I feel like Stephenie Meyer is becoming very much a "Prima Donna". I realized that she is hurt and offended but on the same hand she is shooting her loyal fans in the foot. I may be imagining all this but after reading Breaking Dawn and now this with Midnight Sun, I really get the feeling that she gave up on the series after Eclipse. I know she supposedly had the "whole story" in her head but right now I feel like it is all a big cop out. Ah... there I said it and I am sorry if I offended anyone but it needed to be said. I love the Internet and use it daily and freak out when it's not working, but this morning the era of "everything at your finger tips" has left me sad and (with one of other things I read) disappointed with some people I looked up to and liked. ***For those of you who care, no I have not read the draft that she posted. To use her own words "I feel too sad"***

No comments: