Thursday, June 17, 2010
Bee Sting
Zach just got his first bee sting, actually it's the first either of my kids have had. Alex is already quite afraid of bees and he was there when it happened so now he refuses to go outside "cause there is bees out there". I'm now trying to convince a 2 year old that he needs to hold an ice pack on his arm. He is angry because he would rather eat the ice and is frustrated by the fact that I put it in a bag. I guess I will have to pull out one of my ice packs, I was worried they were too big. I am watching him to make sure he doesn't have an allergic reaction and so far I think we are okay. Other then the swelling directly around it he doesn't seem to be having any other reaction (thankfully!!!!). Yea excitement ha ha ha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Gideon's been stung like four or five times none of my other kids have, and now we have reached "bee season" where he's really scared to go outside.
The best thing we've found is to mix baking soda with some water and put it on a paper towel, then hold that on top of it for a few minutes! Worked for my girls when they were stung at a neighbors.
Post a Comment