Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Gingerbread and cooking

Last night for our Family Home Evening activity we did a Gingerbread house. Alex had seen the kits in the store a few weeks back and was so excited about it that I finally picked on up. He was bouncing with excitement! We had to keep reminding him that the candy was limited, not because he wanted to eat it he wanted to cover all of the frosting. He also didn't understand the concept of weight he put as many gumballs on the tree as would fit and the poor thing could barely stand up. Not being a candy eater he was being funny about it, Shawn said if a piece of candy fell off he would pick up the piece lick off the frosting and put the candy back on the house. I was looking at it after it was all finished and I realized he had made a "smiley face", I am not sure if he did it intentionally or not but it's cute none the less.



His latest thing is "I wanna cook with you!" Neither of us can step foot in the kitchen with out him being plastered by our side (which sometimes is a little dangerous). He absolutely loves the whole cooking process so hopefully he will continue to love it and he can be a good cook like his daddy. (Not the most flattering picture of me but this is him helping me bake bread last night)

1 comment:

Nicholle said...

Looks fun. Harmony is like that as soon as she hears me pull out the flour, or a pan or something like that she's upstairs "Can I help?". She doesn't quite understand why she can't stir the hot pot.